Dress Code Requirements
Studi-O Dance School maintains a dress code to encourage concentration and a sense of inclusiveness (variations in attire can be distracting and contribute to feelings of inequality). Uniformity in dancewear allows the teachers to assess how well the students are implementing the technique being taught, problems with alignment, and other important aspects of dance training.
- Students should carry their dancewear, shoes, and other belongings in a dance bag. Please print your child’s name on the bag as well as on all of its contents.
- Dancewear is to be kept in good repair and laundered on a regular basis.
- Watches, jewelry, and safety pins should not be worn to class.
- Dance shoes should never be worn outside.
- Female students should wear their hair tightly secured and styled away from the face; a neat bun is preferred.
- Students are expected to observe good personal hygiene habits. Deodorant is required for students aged 10 and older.
CHERUBS & BABY BALLERINAS
Pink Capezio tutu (available at the Gateshead studio), ballet tights or socks, pink ballet slippers.
BABY JAZZ & BABY TAP
Black leotard with adjustable straps, black shorts, jazz tights, camel slip on jazz shoes.
Option to wear the pink Capezio tutu (same as Baby Ballerinas) or pink leotard, wrap skirt, or ballet dress. Correct shoes MUST be worn – pink leather ballet slippers for girls, black for boys.
Ballet students will be required to wear pink leather ballet shoes with elastic, convertible/transition tights (in salmon pink colour) and a black leotard of your choosing. Pre-Primary to Grade 2 Ballet should also wear a black chiffon skirt. If you do another class before or after ballet, you should also bring your Studi-O singlet/t-shirt and black hot pants/tights to wear over the top. Hair must be worn in a neat bun.
KINDY-SENIOR: JAZZ/HIP-HOP/ACRO/ CONTEMPORARY/TAP
It is compulsory for all students to wear uniform to class. Uniform consists of a black ‘Studi-O’ t-shirt or singlet along with any black tights/shorts/dance pants. Please ask your class teacher for a uniform order form.
Caramel/tan Jazz shoes are to be worn by all girls, black for boys for jazz, hip-hop, acro, troupe. Caramel/Tan leather split-sole jazz shoes (no laces is best). Troupe students may also need a black coloured pair.
Tap shoes should be camel in colour for girls, black for boys. For those doing tap solo’s in eisteddfods please see Miss Olivia for a specific type of shoe to purchase. Tap exam and tap eisteddfod students will need their taps specially loosened by Bob Strang – see Miss Olivia for details.
Black Leotard, ballet tights, black canvas Character shoes (Capezio or Bloch) with sport heel, black character skirt.